Wednesday 12 February 2014

Frank Kelly: A look back at my time with the CIPD

Below is a snippet of an article on www.frankkellydublin.com, reflecting on my time as chairman of CIPD.


During my time as Director of HR in Dublin City I had the wonderful privilege and opportunity to explore many different developments in the field of HR management and practice as well as the underpinning conceptual models which help in understanding the role of HRM as a significant element of organisational life.

The CIPD or Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development to give it its full title, is the professional body for HR practitioners with a strong focus on people development. It has its HQ in Wimbledon with over 130,000 members internationally. My time as Chairman of CIPD (Ireland) was for the two year period from May 2009 to May 2011 and coincided with the most challenging period ever experienced not only for the Irish economy but for the global economic system as well. 

At the time I became Chair I was quoted saying that “nobody is immune to the difficulties that arise during a recession and so it is important the private and public sectors work together to overcome the challenges we face”. This was a key principle that I tried to apply during my term as Chairman. My time as Chair really showed the positive influence that flows from a strong and focused HRM strategy.

To read the full article, please visit http://www.frankkellydublin.com/frank-kelly-reflection-on-cipd-chairmanship/

Please don’t forget that you can link with me on LinkedinFacebookGoogle+ & Twitter.